Thursday, May 10, 2018

Day 1

Hey there everyone!  I'm not quite sure why I am starting this new blog, but it seems to be a calling that I just can't quite shake, so here we go.

In ten days, I will be 56 years old.  Not too bad, but there is room for improvement if this body and mind plan on hanging around for another 40-50 years.  I'm so proud of what I have accomplished in my life; there have been very few bumps in my road and so many wonderful rises and peaks.  I just feel the need to tweak, jump-start, kick myself in the butt in a few areas that I want to improve, and I am hoping by recording these goals and milestones, I will motivate myself to keep up the great work I intend to put into myself.

Now, honestly, I'm not sure who really wants to read about my day-to-day moments, but if you find yourself here, and you want to go along with me, well then I am happy to have you with me.

So let's get started.

Today, I started this project, Project: Lana's Journey by doing a few things.

1.  I unsubscribed to Weight Watchers.  I know it's a wonderful program, but I really suck at writing things down, and for me, it just didn't work.

2.  I called up the best neighbor in the whole wide world, Wannie, and we went for a walk. Probably about 2 miles, but we both saw 5900+ steps on our pedometers.  We both are using phone apps; I'm using Samsung Health because it's already on my phone.  Here are a few pictures of our view on the walk:




3.  I uploaded an app called Fabulous, and I am going to give it a shot at motivating me to be the best me.  It comes from Duke University, and so far I like the way it is taking on the challenge of making me a better me in a holistic way. Mindfulness is just as important as diet and exercise!. I will keep you posted on my progress, but the first goal it sets is drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning.

So, there you have it!  My first day working on being a better me.    If you are inclined, leave me an encouraging word.  Heck, join me if you would like.  Here's to the next 56 years of being the best I can be!


I will come back at the end of each day and record my steps and how my day went as a whole.

Today My Fitness Pal says I walked 7278 steps.  I would have walked more, but I was a huge dufus and wore the wrong shoes to walk in....Now I have a big blister on the pad of each foot, so I pretty much hobbled around here the rest of my day.  I also drank water in the morning!  I drank water more than just in the morning, but my challenge from my Fabulous app is to drink water as soon as I wake up in the morning.  Off I go now to put the water bottle by my side of the bed.  Daily challenge accepted and met!  Sweet dreams Peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 2

Well, I had a bit of a fiasco yesterday in that I suffered all the running around I had to do today with blisters on the front pads of BOTH ...